Friday, January 20, 2012

Guiltless Goodness


Being that this past Christmas was the first one my sister knew of her allergy cooking bake goods was a definite challenge. In fact when my mom made her traditional chocolate chip cookies my sister said it was the first time she almost snatched up something and did not think of the egg.  Can you imagine me ripping the cookie from her hands screaming no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It definitely would be better in a slow motion shot. So, I decide to search for a chocolate chip cookie that did not contain egg. Being that Christmas was not the time to experiment I decide to try it today. I found a recipe that sounded pretty good here is the link for recipe.
The recipe was pretty similar to my mom’s recipe so I thought it was worth a try. However being the over achiever that I am I also decided to make my mom’s cookies using a ¼ C of sour cream for each egg that was called for. Below are the two recipes.

Internet
Ingredients
■3/4 C. sugar
■1/2 C. butter, softened
■1/2 C. oil
■3 Tbs. water
■2 tsp. vanilla
■2 1/4 C. flour
■1 tsp. baking soda
■1 tsp. salt
■1-1 1/2 C. chocolate chips

Direction
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir sugar, softened butter, oil, water and vanilla together. Mix well. Add flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Place in balls on tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are brown along the edges.
Internet Cookies


















Mom's
Ingredients
■1/2 C. margarine, softened   
■1/2 C. butter, softened
■3/4 C. gran. sugar
■3/4 C. brown sugar
■1 tsp. vanilla
■1/2 C. sour cream
■2 ¼ C. flour
■1 tsp. salt
■1 tsp. soda
■2 C. chocolate chips

Direction
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir sugar, brown sugar, softened butter and margarine, sour cream and vanilla together. Mix well. Add flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Place in balls on tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are brown along the edges.


Mom's Cookies

















Neither cookie was too difficult to make and held no real surprise. Overall will count this cooking experience a success. The first cookie from the Internet was drier and cakier. I desperately need a cup of coffee for this one. My mom’s cookie did not taste much different from the ones she makes with egg. Mom’s was chewy and soft and wonderful J !!!!! My sister liked both but I think she favored Mom’s more. Livin eggless did not affect this family’s traditions today after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment