Tuesday, February 28, 2012

We Shell Overcome

So I was thinking about what to make this week for the blog and all I could think of is what I could not make. See my sister is allergic to more than egg and sometimes it is hard to think of something that sounds good for everyone. But as I was feeling frustrated I remembered something my mom had us do as kids. Anytime we had been whining a lot about life she would tell us to come up with three good things about what we were whining about. It always seemed to work and as an adult it still seems to turn situations in my life a little less blue. I decide this week to write down a few positive things about our famiy food allergies.

1) We as a family have plenty of allergy free food choices
2) The internet is an amazing endless resource of recipes and support
3) There are worse things than a food allergy
4) I am blessed and highly favored

Eggless

What things do you need to find a little thankfulness about?

2 comments:

  1. Hi LivinEggless, very nice post!

    I don't have too many food allergies, but I do have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) which greatly affects the foods that I am able to eat. Mainly, I have trouble eating red meat, caffeine, and fried foods. Many would probably see this as a negative, because I can't have basic things like a hamburger and fries, or deep fried pickles (my personal favorite).

    However, I see myself as fortunate, because once I changed my diet to take these out of my diet, I lost 100 lbs! My body forced me to eat healthier in order to feel better, and in turn it made me a much healthier person! So I am extremely thankful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LivingEggless... I think your post was wonderful and speaking from the heart! I myself get very frustrated when Im trying to think of something new to eat. I am so board with the same ol things but I do like to look at recipes and try some things that may be a little different but never fails I never seem to have all the ingredients, having to go to the market is a big turn off and once I turn the page I never go back to the recipe.... lol

    I really enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete